fabtic is committed to delivering high quality training courses that meet your needs.
fabtic offers pre-designed courses that can be tailored to your exact requirements, or can deliver bespoke packages to meet your particular needs. Always happy to discuss the most appropriate and cost-effective choice for you, please contact us to identify the best training options together.
fabtic is experienced in delivering training to personnel from Fire and Rescue Services, NHS, CAMHS, YOT, HMPPS, social care, the police, forensic psychology, academia, education, secure units and play therapy. fabtic understands the practical skills and knowledge needed by staff working in challenging and emotionally difficult roles.
The below training topics can be delivered individually or as a suite of packages to meet your staff needs and budget. Training courses can be delivered as one-hour lectures, half-day seminars or full training days to match your specific requirements. Training delegates will receive all supporting materials needed during the course.
We have the following courses available, categorised under four main headings:
1. ADDRESSING FIRESETTING BEHAVIOUR
- Why do children set fires?
- Firesetting – what the research tells us
- Juvenile firesetters – arsonists, delinquents or else misunderstood?
- Juvenile firesetting – the role of the Fire and Rescue Service in addressing the behaviour
- How do we stop juvenile firesetting?
- Firesetting as a child protection issue
- Working with children who set fires – theory and practice
2. DIRECT WORK WITH CHILDREN
- Understanding attachment and its impact on behaviour
- Trauma in children and trauma informed care
- Risk and resilience factors in children
- Working creatively with children and young people
- Understanding risk considerations when working with vulnerable children
- Understanding ADHD and ASD when working with children and young people
- Understanding adolescence and adolescents
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing in children and young people
- Bad behaviour or bad parenting – the complexities of working with vulnerable families
- Mad, Bad or Sad – an exploration of modern-day attitudes to childhood
- Desistance and behaviour change
3. SKILLS-BASED COURSES
- Report writing and record-keeping
- Listening with empathy
- Effective communication
- Personal and professional boundaries when working with children and families
- Managing front-line staff and volunteers working with children and families
- Working with anger and aggression
- Keeping safe at work
- Enhanced problem solving skills
4. CHILD PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING
- Firesetting and safeguarding
- Safeguarding and child protection – the role and responsibilities of Fire and Rescue Services
- But I’m not a social worker – what all Fire and Rescue Service staff working with children need to know
- Protecting the protectors – safeguarding staff in emotionally difficult work
To discuss your training needs or book a course, please Contact Us for further details